Friday 14 February 2014

My latest commission

I finished this drawing a couple of days ago, she's a stunning looking dog. A "British Utonagan", she's a Malamute, Husky and German Shepherd cross. The name Utonagan means "Spirit of the Wolf" and it's a very apt name indeed as these dogs are bred for their wolf-like characteristics "without the wolf!". The Utonagan is yet to be accepted as an official breed by any of the major kennel clubs but founders of the British Utonagan Society are working on getting the breed officially recognized.



Ellie Mae, British Utonagan
Commission, A4.
Meg Ghyll © 2014


This portrait is a birthday gift. A commission is a very special one-off drawing and a unique way of capturing the character of a beloved family friend in pencil. I take on commissions all year round so if you're struggling for a birthday, anniversary or graduation gift then do get in touch. I usually like to allow four weeks for a portrait completion so the more notice you can give me before the big day the better. But if you think you've left it too late then don't despair, get in touch anyway as depending on my current workload I might still be able to squeeze you in :) There's more information on the "Commissions" link to the left of this blog, if you have any more questions I'll be more than happy to answer them!


Also, I'm now a member of the Association of Animal Artists (AAA)
(I finally got round to applying!) so a bit of a serious move for me! Onwards and upward as they say, I hope anyway :)

Guess what?! It's the weekend! Yussss :D Hope you all enjoy yours x

No comments:

Post a Comment