Friday 24 January 2014

Warning: Feathery Overload!

I wanted to post this earlier in the week but had to wait to retrieve photos off a camera I've been recently loaned, been having a bit of a play with it. As mentioned previously, a local female Kestrel has been hunting regularly in the fields outside the house over the past few weeks giving me some great views. Still need a lot more practice but these are a few of my faves:

Shame not totally in focus but the colours clinched it :)
Having a preen
A closeup crop
Posing like a good 'un, such a lady!

And a few of other species over the last few days:

Dunnock
Handsome male Blackbird
A pair of Fieldfare
Fieldfare & Redwing in flight
Fieldfares, loads have been feeding and flitting through
An acrobatic Robin on my feeders
House Sparrers
Starling stuffing itself
Lucky shot, blurry but I like it!
Kes with a plucky Jackdaw
Pair of cock Pheasants
Still a bit of learning to do, mate's camera is a Sony DSC HX200V and quite a bit posher than my usual Fujifilm Finepix S5000!

1 comment: